As promised I share with you the files of my Heavy Metal. The plan and the BOM are coming in the next few days but for today it's getting late.
If you didnt see my video on this machine, I put it just here :
As for the other designs, I remember my printing parameters:
- 0.2mm in layer height but 0.3 is more than enough
- 50% cubic filling
- 5 contour line, 4 for some parts
My settings seem a little exaggerated but I preferred to increase the rigidity of the parts as much as possible.
As usual I recommend Stepper Online for your motors. In addition to being a serious site, they are very responsive in case of a problem.
It's an affiliate link, don't hesitate to check it out! And by going through my link it supports my work :)
I decided to make a table in aluminum profile, but you can completely make your own table otherwise (wood, steel etc...)
Mise a jour du 03/07/2022 :
I forgot some aluminum profil i'm sorry. I just added which was missing.
- 4x Aluminum Profile 6060 1000mm (4 table legs, optional if you are making your own table)
- 4x Aluminum Profile 3030 1500mm (junction between the 4 legs of the table, optional if you make your own table)
- 6x Aluminum Profile 3060 1620mm (frame)
- 5x Aluminum Profile 3030 1620mm (waste board support)
- 2x Aluminum Profile 6060 1620mm (X axis)
- 2x Aluminum Profile 3060 240mm (axe Y / axe X link)
- 4x Aluminum Profile 3060 325mm (axe Y / axe X link)
- 2x Aluminum Profile 6060 145mm (axe Y / axe X link)
- 6x HGR20 Linear Rail 1500mm
- 2x HGR20 Linear Rail 450mm
- 16x HGH20CA sliding block
- 3x SFU1605 1500mm
- 1x SFU1605 450mm
- 4x Nema23 4.2A 3Nm StepperOnline Nema23 Kit
- 4x 6060 Aluminum Bracket
- 40x Aluminum 3030 Bracket
- 10x Perforated plate 60x120 (8 holes of 6mm)
- 10x Perforated plate 30x90 (3 holes of 6mm)
- 4x Perforated angle plate 90° 120x120 (12 holes of 6mm)
- 500x M5 T-shaped nut for groove (I didn't do the exact calculation, it seems like a lot but it goes very quickly when you put 1 per hole in the HGR20)
For the screws it's hard to say it will depend on your components, I used about:
- Screw M5 x10mm approx. 100u (to fix the perforated plates)
- Screw M5 x18mm approx. 400u (it takes a lot to fix the rails)
- Screw M5 x50mm approx .20u
- Screw M5 x35mm approx .20u
- M6 screw 16mm approx. 50u (depends on your tapping at the end of the profile)
CARE : Take T-nuts that go with your aluminum profiles! For my part, I took 6060 l-type profiles with 6mm groove, and nuts for grooves with maintain ball for 6mm groove.
- Count a good 4kg of plastic for all the parts (without the dragchains, 5kg with)
- 2.2kW liquid-cooled spindle with its VFD (you can put a smaller 1.5kW is enough I think)
- 5V to 10V PWM converter (Only if you have a spindle with VFD and want to drive it via software)
- Arduino or other CNC motherboard (I'm still on arduino)
It's an expensive project, if you have no experience of assembling this kind of machine, or you're not sure to get to the end of the project alone, I strongly advise you to train your hands on more affordable projects like my TopsCNC V1 and Heavy, simpler for beginners and still functional.